I mentioned the other day that I am OBSESSED with coconut oil and I wasn’t kidding. Ever since I bought a big tub at Costco, I’ve used it for everything!
How much do I love coconut oil? oh let me count the ways;
1. As a kitchen staple. According to google, it’s one of the healthiest foods on the planet. It works as a frying oil and I use it as a substitute for butter or any other oils that are called for in recipes. In case you weren’t a huge coconut fan like I was, it doesn’t make all your meals taste or smell like coconut but it’s lower in calories and is good cholesterol. Sometimes, I melt a bit of coconut oil and add it to my morning smoothie.
2. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! My skin has never felt so soft. We have had the worst winter and my skin was so dry until I discovered coconut oil. Careful when you apply it though, the first time I applied it a little too generously and was stuck hanging out in bathroom for half an hour unable to get dress and waiting for it to absorb. I would also recommend a night time application because sometimes it makes it’s way into your hair and you’re stuck trying to pull off a slick hair look all day… leading me to #3
3. To tame the frizzes. I sleep with coconut oil in my hair once a week and in the morning, I wash it out. It takes a little practice to figure out the right amount but as a girl with hair that is never straight and smooth, I have seen a difference in flyaways. Again according to google, it’s suppose to stimulate hair growth. Time will tell.
4. Whiter teeth. Been hearing a lot about Oil Pulling but I am lazy, therefore I have purchased Salty Kisses toothpaste from Holistic Wellness. It’s main ingredient is Coconut Oil. No more crest white strips for this gal.
5. Nicer nails. Since I am trying to save money, one of the things cut from my budget was getting manicures. Applying a little coconut oil on your cuticles helps you push them back and without all that dry skin around your nail, your nail polish looks like it was professionally applied.
There are so many ways you can use coconut oil and the benefits are endless. I’ve been told that it helps reduce stretch marks and will help with my cracked heels. Every time I mention coconut oil, someone tells me about another great way to use it so it’s pretty clear why I’m so coco for coconut oil!