It’s August? When did that happen?
They do say time flies when you are having fun and this year it’s been non-stop engagements, bridal showers, bachelorettes, weddings and baby showers. It seems like everyone I know is celebrating some form of marital milestone this year. With wedding season somewhat behind me, I decided it’s time to start dreaming about what milestones I’m interested in achieving this year!
Anyone who has had a conversation with me knows I’m an excellent dreamer! I’m always thinking of great things I want to do, companies I want to start, places I want to visit, weight I want to lose and ALWAYS thinking about the celebrities that I want to marry.
The problem with being a dreamer is that you spend so much time dreaming and not enough time planning how to execute those dreams. So I decided that I would take some of those dreams and put together a mini bucket list and maybe, just maybe, I’ll start converting my dreams into a reality.
#1. Get engaged to…
Okay, bucket lists should be a little more specific and since I can’t choose between Leo, Sam or Jared I’m going to keep this on the dream list a little longer!
1. Grow my Stella & Dot business. Every time I question if I am good at it, someone places an order. It’s true that the jewelry does sell itself but like everything else in life, you get want you put in so it’s time I put a little more into the business to help it grow to its full potential. We just launched our new fall collection so feel free to take a peek at stelladot.com/marlenebairos
2. Sew something wearable. I learned how to sew pillows, a dress can’t be that hard, right?
3. Go on a Mission Trip. Ok, so this one is a bit of a cheat because the flight has been booked and plans are already being made. Going to save the details for its own blog post.
4. Read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I read a lot but for some reason this book is still one that I have yet to finish.
5. Blog about girl power. I know that I suck at blogging but I still dream about becoming a blogger. I’m going to keep blogging about life as it happens here but I’ve started a second blog called Pink Rolodex. It’s going to highlight all the gals that inspire me. The ones that have turned their dreams into a reality… check it out at pinkrolodex.wordpress.com
6. Put together a 1000 piece puzzle, instead of binge watching a series. Why does this one seem the hardest?
7. Make all the recipes in the Oh She Glows cookbook. Yep, a la Julie and Julia I’m picking one a week until I’m done the entire book. Hopefully I’ll be done just in time for her second book!
8. Donate Blood. This isn’t technically a dream but something I’ve been wanting to do.
9. Visit a farm sanctuary. One that has pigs! It’s been over a year since I decided to follow a vegan diet and my view of farm animals has changed. Before I wanted to learn how to milk a cow, now I dream of meeting a pig that isn’t ever going to become bacon!
10. Master the freestanding handstand. And that one covers off exercise so now the list is complete!
I’ve been told that simply writing down your dreams is the first step towards turning them into a reality. They have been written and now let’s see how they unfold! #marbairbucketlist
If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney