This is the first year that I have made no resolutions! And it’s not because I don’t have a list of things I hope to accomplish and nope, it’s not because it bugs me when certain things aren’t scratched off the list. The reason there are no resolutions this year is because 2014 turned out to be a great year! It was an uneventful year, there were no major traditional milestones to talk about (or blog about): no marriage, no mortgage, no babies, no weight loss, no promotions and no winning the lotto but I was happy… and if it ain’t broke, no point in trying to fix it.
Wishing you all a happy year!
My office is moving and for the next four weeks I will need to work from home. This means that I have gained an extra two hours in my day by not commuting. That’s an extra 10 hours a week! I feel like I just hit the lottery with all this extra time and I plan to make sure that I don’t waste it away watching E! Channel or scrolling through Instagram. No wait, I totally plan to continue scrolling through Instagram but it will be limited.
Here are a list of things I plan to do with my spare time:
1. Exercise – Whether it’s running or doing the Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred, I am committing to half an hour of exercise a day. EVERY DAY!
2. Cooking – According to my calendar, I have 1 baby shower and 2 dinners already planned. I am allowing myself 5 cheat meals for the entire month. So I have 2 meals saved for the unexpected! That’s 5 cheat MEALS, not days. The rest of the time I will be preparing and cooking all my meals and snacks.
3. Clearing out – I’ve lived in the same apartment for 10 years and even though I don’t consider myself a hoarder, it’s amazing how much stuff I’ve accumulated over the years. A co-worker told me recently about a rule that they follow “If I haven’t used it in 3 months, it’s gone!” This doesn’t include seasonally items. I am going to be clearing out my cupboards, closets and finally going through the boxes in my storage and getting rid of it all!
4. Developing a green thumb – Last Sunday, my mom helped me pick out some herbs and a green pepper plant. Plants are not my thing but it’s never too late to try.
5. Blogging – Since I won’t have my co-workers to disturb, I’ll need to find some way to talk about my plants, my storage room findings and my cooking adventures. So stay tuned for my regular posts about how I use my extra two hours a day!